Pizza lunch included
Artist Instructor: Gary Smith, Master Pastelist Gary Smith is a Master Pastelist, 2 time Louvre/Carrousel Gold…
Great news! This Saturday the weather looks good.
11 a.m.-12:30 pm: Learn and lunch
We will meet indoors at 11am to go over a few pastel tips prepare you for your Plein Air Pastel Painting.
1. Capturing common elements: windows doors, roof tops, shadows and reflections, dogs, people, telephone wires, etc.
2. Review exceptional examples, a list of what kinds of things one might focus on, and ideas to spur creativity rather than copying.
I will provide pizza so you can eat while you are learning.
12:30: Out and about
1. We will gather our pastels, paper and easels (Articulations have some if you do not) and your SENSE OF ADVENTURE.
2. There is a market just up the street and if we ’settle’ around there we can find many subjects to focus on.
3. By the time we pick up a coffee along the way and find a spot it will surely take us to at least 1pm
4. Then you will be able to forget about the world and just pastel away to your heart’s content.
5. I will circulate to give guidance where wanted and will also do (fast examples myself intended to inspire you).
Bring your pastel supplies, a few sheets of paper (I hope you can do more than one painting) plus a hat (very important) sun glasses and sun screen if you are concerned, and a bottle of water perhaps, and leave your troubles at home. Plein air easels are great if you have one. If not, ARTiculations can supply a regular ‘A’ shaped easel. They would not have a platform for your pastels so a small side TV table would be a smart idea. Otherwise you will find a wall or bench for them. Requirements for plein air painting, as with camping, is resourcefulness and adaptation.
Also expect that people will stop and watch you and even talk to you. Be sure to mention that this is an ARTiculations event!
See you Saturday.
Gary Smith is a Master Pastelist, 2 time Louvre/Carrousel Gold Medal Winner and a renowned teacher of painting and portraiture. He is also a master class coach. To learn more, please visit www.escapewithgary.com