Saturday May 11th, 2013
$45 + hst
all materials included
Join us for this great afternoon workshop just in time for Mothers Day! We will focus on composing flowers in a modern style, perfect for a table centerpiece or a bedside arrangement.
Participants will learn:
- How to prep blossoms, stems, and hardware correctly
- Basic esthetics of flower design, placement, and use of color
- Brief history and interesting facts about flower arrangement and its uses
- 2 different techniques in creating a modern style arrangement in a low glass vase
- How to care for the arrangement to improve its longevity at home
Leave with 1 completely finished arrangement consisting of the vase, seasonal May flowers in a variety of colors, and appropriate hardware to complete the design. *Please note that the image is an example of the style of arrangement we will be creating only.
Instructor: Sara Klaiman
Sara Klaiman has worked in the GTA as a professional florist for many years assisting with weddings, graduations, birthdays, and many special occasions. She is currently a registered midwife and yoga teacher but continues to study and teach floral design for its meditative, therapeutic, and creative qualities.