Paint the Junction 2019: ARTiculations Outdoor Artist Competition & Exhibition (ADULT Registration)
Registration Fee: $ 30.00 CAD
CALL TO ARTISTS:
Inviting people to paint the Junction during the 8th Annual Junction Summer Solstice Festival on Saturday, June 22, 2019 and then to participate in ARTiculations Summer 2019 Group Exhibition
Exhibition to follow July-August, 2019. Dates to be confirmed shortly.
Online Registration closes June 20th. In-store registration available June 21st &22nd
ADULT $25+hst until June 21, 2019. $30+hst June 22, 2019
YOUTH + SENIORS (Under 18 And over 65) $20+hst until June 21, 2019. $25+hst June 22, 2019 *Click here to go to Youth + Senior Registration Page
$15+hst for additional submissions (up to 3 works total)
*Registration fees are Non-refundable. Sorry, no exceptions. Please ensure you can participate on June 20th between 1-7pm.
*registered participants will be given a 25% off purchase of a painting/drawing support for use in the competition. This can be redeemed between June 13-20, 2019 with proof of registration.
Under 18 award
People’s Choice Award
Jurors Choice Award
Guest Jurors: to be announced
Registration Package Pick Up
Registration package pick-up and sign in opens on Saturday, June 22 at 12:15pm at ARTiculations. Your package includes your registration ID, a festival map and a few goodies from us to keep you motivated!
Check out by 7pm at ARTiculations.
Rules & Guidelines
The competition takes place Saturday, June 22, 1-7pm. We will be promoting the event and participating artists to encourage the public to go check out the action in person!
- Each work of art must be started and completed en plein air (outside) in the Junction during the festival. We will provide a festival map showing boundaries for painting locations upon registration.
- Help us promote you: submit one photo image of your in-progress painting set up by end of day June 22, 2019 to [email protected]
- Submit one photo image of finished work (prior to framing) by June 24, 2019 to [email protected] Please include title, dimensions and medium.
- The size of the artwork is not to exceed 18” x 24”. Artists must provide their own materials.
- Artwork must be submitted by 5:30pm on June 26, 2019 either framed or gallery mount canvas. Both options need hanging wire installed and work must be properly labelled with artists name, title and medium.
- Painted works must have framing wire securely installed
- If you choose to have your artwork for sale during the exhibition, ARTiculations receives a 30% commission on all works sold.
- It is your responsibility to make sure your artwork ready to hang. Sorry, we are unable to help with installing hardware on your artwork. Artworks may be refused submission if hanging guidelines are not adhered to.
We are delighted to be bringing back The Junction 8th Annual Summer Solstice Festival on Saturday, June 22, noon to midnight, and it’s going to be bigger than ever! Live music, art market, food, craft, street performers + lots of fun for the whole family! Celebrating the longest day of the year and the kick-off to summer, the theme will be a retro-inspired beach party!