CALL FOR ARTISTS: 2019 CURIO Shadow Box Show
Registration Fee: $ 45.00 CAD
CALL FOR ARTISTS
ARTiculations is seeking submissions for our 6th annual open call exhibition, CURIO Shadow Box Show. Explore how the shadow box format can present a good challenge for your art practice in this unique and popular group show. Paintings, photographs, drawings, ceramic, wood and mixed media—all mediums are welcome with just one stipulation – it has to fit inside the shadow box provided. By participating in this fun exhibition, artists will enjoy the opportunity to engage with other artists, curators, collectors and the general public.
REGISTRATION Sign up early to reserve your spot! Shadow boxes are available for pick up in store.
REGISTRATION DEADLINE November 10, 2019
DROP OFF Thursday, November 14 – Sunday, November 17, 2019
EXHIBITION November 21 – December 15, 2019
RECEPTION: Thursday, November 21st, 2019 7-9pm
PICK UP OF UNSOLD WORK Monday, December 16 – Saturday, December 21, 2019 During store hours.
How to be part of CURIO:
- Pay online or in store. Fill out the 2019 CURIO Artist Information Form to complete your registration. Your registration for CURIO is not complete until both your payment and your artist information is received. At that time we will issue you a confirmation of registration via email within 2 business days (it is not an autoresponse).
- Pick up your unfinished wood shadow box from ARTiculations. Want an additional shadow box? Pick one up for an extra $20 (maximum of 3 submissions accepted per participant).
- Get to work! All mediums will be accepted but must be contained within the limits of the shadow box frame & glass. Works with exterior components will not be accepted.
- Drop the finished work off between Thursday, November 14 – Sunday, November 17, 2019
- Join us for the reception on Thursday, November 21st, 2019 from 7-9pm celebrate your hard work with other like-minded individuals! The exhibition runs until December 15, 2019.
- Each piece in the exhibition will be priced for sale at $125+HST.
- From each sale a $15 commission will be taken by ARTiculations and $110 given to the artist.
- ARTiculations may use an image of your artwork for publicity purposes to promote the exhibition.
- If you do not wish to sell your work, you may say so on your Artist Information Form handed in with your work.
- Promotion of the show will take place via our social media sites, our newsletter, and various online listings. The ARTiculations website exhibition listing will feature your name linked to your website or blog.
Exterior: 7 inches x 7 inches
Exterior Depth: 2 inches
Face Frame border: 13/16”
Interior: 5.5 inches x 5.5 inches
Interior depth: 1 1/2 inches
Back panel & Front Glass: 6 inches x 6”
*these are meant as guidelines. Each box is handmade and there is subject to small measurement differences. We recommend waiting until you have you box in-hand to make final adjustments.