2018 CURIO Shadow Box Show
Registration Fee: $ 45.00 CAD
CALL FOR ARTISTS
ARTiculations is seeking submissions for our 5th annual open call exhibition, CURIO Shadow Box Show. Explore how the shadow box format can present a good challenge for your art practice in this unique and popular group show. Paintings, photographs, drawings, ceramic, wood and mixed media—all mediums are welcome with just one stipulation – it has to fit inside the shadow box provided. By participating in this fun exhibition, artists will enjoy the opportunity to engage with other artists, curators, collectors and the general public.
REGISTRATION Sign up early to reserve your spot! Shadow boxes are available for pick up in store.
REGISTRATION DEADLINE October 15, 2018
DROP OFF Wednesday, November 7 – Saturday, November 10, 2018
EXHIBITION November 14 – December 22, 2018
RECEPTION: Thursday, November 15th, 2018 6-8pm
PICK UP OF UNSOLD WORK Sunday, December 23 – Monday, December 31, 2018 During store hours. *Reduced hours December 24, CLOSED December 25 + 26, 2018
How to be part of CURIO:
- Pay online or in store. Fill out the 2018 CURIO Registration Form to complete your registration. Your registration for CURIO is not complete until your Registration Form is received (we use it to compile all artist information!)
- Pick up your unfinished wood shadow box from ARTiculations. Want an additional shadow box? Pick one up for an extra $20.
- Get to work! All mediums will be accepted but must be contained within the limits of the shadow box frame & glass. Works with exterior components will not be accepted.
- Drop the finished work off between Wednesday, November 7 – Saturday, November 10, 2018
- Join us for the reception on Thursday, November 15th, 2018 from 6-8pm celebrate your hard work with other like-minded individuals! The exhibition runs until December 22, 2018.
- Each piece in the exhibition will be priced for sale at $125+HST.
- From each sale a $15 commission will be taken by ARTiculations and $110 given to the artist.
- ARTiculations may use an image of your artwork for publicity purposes to promote the exhibition.
- If you do not wish to sell your work, you may say so on your Artist Information Form handed in with your work.
- Promotion of the show will take place via our social media sites, our newsletter, and various online listings. The ARTiculations website exhibition listing will feature your name linked to your website or blog.
Exterior: 7 inches x 7 inches
Exterior Depth: 2 inches
Face Frame border: 13/16”
Interior: 5.5 inches x 5.5 inches
Interior depth: 1 1/2 inches
Back panel & Front Glass: 6 inches x 6”
*these are meant as guidelines. Each box is handmade and there is subject to small measurement differences. We recommend waiting until you have you box in-hand to make final adjustments.