2017 CURIO Shadow Box Show
Registration Fee: $ 45.00 CAD
CALL FOR ARTISTS
ARTiculations is seeking submissions for our fourth annual open call exhibition, CURIO Shadow Box Show.
Explore how the medium of shadow box making can be used to make art work for this unique group show. Paintings, photographs, drawings, ceramic, wood and mixed media—all mediums are welcome with just one stipulation- it has to fit into the 6×6 (interior) shadow box provided. Through participating in this fun exhibition, artists will enjoy the opportunity to engage with other artists, curators, collectors and the general public.
REGISTRATION Opens September 2, 2017
REGISTRATION DEADLINE October 30, 2017
DROP OFF Sunday November 5 – Wednesday November 8, 2017
EXHIBITION November 15 – December 20
RECEPTION: Saturday November 18th, 2017 4-6pm
PICK UP OF UNSOLD WORK Thursday December 21 – Saturday 23, 2017 During store hours.
How to be part of CURIO:
- Pay online or in store. Fill out the 2017 CURIO Registration Form to complete your registration. Your registration for CURIO is not complete until your Registration Form is received (we use it to compile all artist information!)
- Pick up your unfinished wood shadow box from ARTiculations. Want an additional shadow box? Pick one up for an extra $20.
- Get to work! All mediums will be accepted but must be contained within the limits of the shadow box frame & glass. Works with exterior components will not be accepted.
- Drop the finished work off between Sunday November 5 – Wednesday November 8, 2017.
- Join us for the reception TBA and celebrate your hard work with other like-minded individuals! The exhibition runs until December 20, 2017.
- Each piece in the exhibition will be priced for sale at $125+HST.
- From each sale a $15 commission will be taken by ARTiculations and $110 given to the artist.
- ARTiculations may use an image of your artwork for publicity purposes to promote the exhibition.
- If you do not wish to sell your work, you may say so on your Artist Information Form handed in with your work.
- Promotion of the show will take place via our social media sites, our newsletter, and various online listings. The ARTiculations website exhibition listing will feature your name linked to your website or blog.