2016 THESIS AWARD SHOW
Registration Fee: $ 20.00 CAD
APPLICATIONS DUE FRIDAY, MARCH 4th
ABOUT THE AWARD
This award is open to graduating students from post secondary universities and colleges.
Two selected artists will each receive a two week solo exhibition, plus a $200 studio credit to Akin Collective. The selected applicants will be granted exhibition space at either ARTiculations or Graven Feather. The jury will determine which applicant is allotted to each space.
The Thesis Award Show will take place Wednesday May 4th – Sunday 15th
WHO CAN APPLY
Any graduating student from a post secondary arts program will be considered. The jury will be looking for a coherent body of work with attention to concept and execution.
THESIS AWARD INCLUDES
- printed exhibition catalogue
- evening reception
- artist talk or public engagement event
- promotion through gallery website and social media
- AKIN Collective $200 Studio Credit
Application Deadline: Friday, March 4th
Review: Thursday, March 10th
Announcement: Friday, March 11th
Solo Exhibition Dates: May 2-15th
Artists will be selected with the understanding that they are responsible for installing and taking down their exhibition, as well as being present at the opening reception
*Applicants outside the GTA are asked to consider this time commitment when applying
- Application Fee: $20 Pay via Paypal
- Completed 2016 THESIS AWARD SHOW Artist Information Form
- Email including Artist’s CV, Support images/work, and corresponding numbered image list describing, date, medium and size of each image. Please see 2016 THESIS AWARD SHOW Artist Information Form for details