Plein Air Pastel Intensive
Saturday June 10th 2017
11:00 am to 5:00 pm
Price: $ 120.00 CAD
Pizza lunch included
Artist Instructor: Gary Smith, Master Pastelist Gary Smith is a Master Pastelist, 2 time Louvre/Carrousel Gold…
Great news! This Saturday the weather looks good.
11 a.m.-12:30 pm: Learn and lunch
We will meet indoors at 11am to go over a few pastel tips prepare you for your Plein Air Pastel Painting.
1. Capturing common elements: windows doors, roof tops, shadows and reflections, dogs, people, telephone wires, etc.
2. Review exceptional examples, a list of what kinds of things one might focus on, and ideas to spur creativity rather than copying.
I will provide pizza so you can eat while you are learning.
12:30: Out and about
1. We will gather our pastels, paper and easels (Articulations have some if you do not) and your SENSE OF ADVENTURE.
2. There is a market just up the street and if we ’settle’ around there we can find many subjects to focus on.
3. By the time we pick up a coffee along the way and find a spot it will surely take us to at least 1pm
4. Then you will be able to forget about the world and just pastel away to your heart’s content.
5. I will circulate to give guidance where wanted and will also do (fast examples myself intended to inspire you).
Bring your pastel supplies, a few sheets of paper (I hope you can do more than one painting) plus a hat (very important) sun glasses and sun screen if you are concerned, and a bottle of water perhaps, and leave your troubles at home. Plein air easels are great if you have one. If not, ARTiculations can supply a regular ‘A’ shaped easel. They would not have a platform for your pastels so a small side TV table would be a smart idea. Otherwise you will find a wall or bench for them. Requirements for plein air painting, as with camping, is resourcefulness and adaptation.
Also expect that people will stop and watch you and even talk to you. Be sure to mention that this is an ARTiculations event!
See you Saturday.
Gary Smith is a Master Pastelist, 2 time Louvre/Carrousel Gold Medal Winner and a renowned teacher of painting and portraiture. He is also a master class coach. To learn more, please visit www.escapewithgary.com
All ARTiculations workshops require advance registration, unless otherwise noted. Admission to Artist Talks is available on a first-come, first-served basis.
In the event of a workshop cancellation, registrants will be notified prior to the workshop start date and a full refund will be given. Participant cancellations are not refundable within two business days of the workshop date.
Phone: call 416.901.7464 to register with Visa or Mastercard. Have your credit card number and expiry date ready.
In Person: drop by the shop and register for your favourite class with debit, credit card, cheque or cash.
Youth Registration: We require the ARTiculations Youth Registration Package to be completed for your child prior to participating in our programming. Once completed, this package is kept on file for the academic year.