2016 CURIO Shadow Box Show
Registration Fee: $ 45.00 CAD
CALL FOR ARTISTS
ARTiculations is seeking submissions for our third annual open call exhibition, CURIO Shadow Box Show.
Explore how the medium of shadow box making can be used to make art work for this unique group show. Paintings, photographs, drawings, ceramic, wood and mixed media—all mediums are welcome with just one stipulation- it has to fit into the 6×6 (interior) shadow box provided. Through participating in this fun exhibition, artists will enjoy the opportunity to engage with other artists, curators, collectors and the general public.
REGISTRATION Now open! Shadow boxes are available for pick up in store
REGISTRATION DEADLINE October 15th, 2016
DROP OFF Wednesday November 2nd – Saturday November 5th
EXHIBITION November 12th 2016 – December 21st, 2016. Private Reception: Saturday November 12th 4:00-6:00pm
PICK UP OF UNSOLD WORK Thursday December 22 11-7pm- Friday December 23, 2016 11-6pm.
How to be part of CURIO:
- Pay online or in store. Fill out the 2016 CURIO Registration Form to complete your registration. Please note that your registration for CURIO is not complete until your Registration Form is received (we use it to compile all artist information!)
- Pick up your unfinished wood shadow box from ARTiculations. Want an additional shadow box? Pick one up for an extra $20.
- Get to work! All mediums will be accepted but must be contained within the limits of the shadow box frame & glass. Works with exterior components will not be accepted.
- Drop the finished work off between Wednesday November 2nd – Saturday November 5th no later than 4pm.
- Join us for the reception on Saturday November 12th 4:00-6:00pm and celebrate your hard work with other like-minded individuals! The exhibition runs until December 21st, 2016.
- Each piece in the exhibition will be priced for sale at $125+HST.
- From each sale a $15 commission will be taken by ARTiculations and $110 given to the artist.
- ARTiculations may use an image of your artwork for publicity purposes to promote the exhibition.
- If you do not wish to sell your work, you may say so on your Artist Information Form.
- Promotion of the show will take place via our social media sites, our newsletter, and various online listings. The ARTiculations website exhibition listing will feature your name linked to your website or blog.